Cable tie, also known as tie wrap, hose tie, zip tie, zap strap, is a type of fastener, for holding items together, primarily electric cables or wires. It is designed to quickly fix wire bundles and components without slipping. Because it is low in cost and easy to use, cable tie is commonly used in cable management.
There are cable ties with all kinds of sizes and materials for different requirements in different projects.
- Nylon Cable Tie
Nylon cable tie is a kind of common cable tie with low cost which can even be found in our daily life. For example, it is often used for bundling in home cabling. Because of the low cost, light weight, good flexibility, quick and easy to use, nylon cable tie is widely applied to wiring system of many data centers.
- Stainless Steel Cable Tie
Stainless steel cable tie is made from stainless steel material which is much stronger and can make tensile strength reach 400 pounds or more. The using way of stainless steel cable tie is different from others. You just need to pass the stainless steel end through its self-locking mechanism. This kind of cable tie is characterized by high strength, high temperature resistance, anti-corrosion, and it is a good option for applications in harsh environment.
- Velcro Cable Tie
Velcro cable tie, also known as hook and loop cable tie, is made from soft hook and loop material. When putting the hook side and loop side together, there will be natural sticky force; when pulling them with a force, the two sides will naturally separate. The opening and closing operation can reach 10,000 times. This kind of cable tie can adjust tightness and can also be reused for many times. It is available in a variety of sizes, styles and colors. Velcro cable tie is more and more popular with data center managers for its reusability, high reliability and aesthetics.
- Beaded cable ties: Unique beaded design allows them to be releasable and reusable.
- Releasable cable ties: Easy to apply and remove, reusable.
- Ladder style cable ties: For intermediate bundling and retail applications.
- Identification cable ties: Built-in flags for written or printed identification.
- Parallel entry cable ties: Tamper-proof, low profile heads.
- Tear-off cable ties: Quick release design requires no cutting tools.
- Point 1: Cable tie can reduce the lateral movement and rotation of the cable or hose.
- Point 2: Cable tie can repair the tamper-proof lock box of cable bundle, the AC power unit, the power outlet and the door.
- Point 3: Strap hoses with high performance cable tie can be used in projects where wires have to withstand constant vibration, exposure to UV rays, rain and salt water. These products have high all-weather adaptability.
- Point 4: Stainless steel cable tie with fire-resistant and high temperature resistant coat is used to fix cables and hoses in car engines and oven/baking chambers.
- Point 5: Elastic cable tie can protect photosensitive cables and wire bundles from being damaged by excessive tension, protect the shape of wire bundles, and maintain the optimum signal integrity of the network.
In tool bag, cable tie is as important as Phillips screwdriver. It has a wide range of applications. Because of low cost and easy to use, cable tie is popular with contractors and home users. For example, cable tie can be used in bundling applications due to its low profile and high tensile strength. Followings are four common applications of cable tie.
- Application one: Cable tie is used to bundle cables and wires securely. You can make minute adjustments on the positive-locking teeth of the cable tie to realize bundling with various sizes. That means when your cable bundle has a breakout point and the bundles are split into smaller groups, the cable tie can be tightened to form the new constraint.
- Application two: Cable tie is used to organize, identify and code cable bundles to realize optimum cable management, so that the cables laying behind your desk or home theater are neat and tidy. Cable ties with built-in flags are helpful because you will never have to worry about which cable is connected to which device.
- Application three: Cable tie is used to fix and mount tools, bicycles and wires in the garage.
- Application four: Cable tie can be used as clip for holding cables, tubing and hoses. It is great to use cable ties for fixing cables in confined space.
Although cable ties look inconspicuous, the importance of these cheap components can not be ignored. It is very useful for neat and tidy cable management and is greatly favored by data center managers. With a variety of cable ties on market, it is necessary to choose a suitable type of cable tie according to different applications.